Want to stoke the creative innovator in you and your students? Ever wonder what it takes to design an engaging project or design challenge? Interested in generating your own project based learning experiences but don’t know where to start? What does it mean to empower students? Ever think of letting students use power tools?
Then rush to sign up now for this year’s exciting new summer workshops at RAFT! Our summer RAFT “EduCAMP” (for teachers) http://www.raftbayarea.org/workshops are ten separate 4 hour workshops taught by RAFT’s master educators, each focusing on creative ways to engage teachers and students to become innovative thinkers and makers! All dates and course titles below are at the San Jose location except July 7th and 14th:
· July 5th: Engagement through Design Thinking
· July 7th: Design Challenges with Raw Materials (Redwood City Location)
· July 12th: PBL1: The Nuts & Bolts of Project Based Learning
· July 14th: PBL 2: How to Design the Project Based Learning Experience
(Redwood City Location)
· July 18th: The Innovative Classroom (Pre K – 2)
· July 21st: The Innovative Classroom (Grades 3 -5)
· July 22nd: The Innovative Classroom (Middle School)
· July 25th: The Outdoor Classroom (Pre K- 2)
· July 27th: The Outdoor Classroom (Grades 3 -5)
· July 29th: The Outdoor Classroom (Middle School)
In addition, RAFT master educators are partnering with Project Ember (for kids) instructor experts, (www.projectember.org), during the last two weeks of RAFT’s EduCAMP workshop courses starting July 18th.
This summer, RAFT offered Project Ember space to run two special weeks of camp for kids plus use of RAFT’s abundance of project materials! With RAFT EduCAMP (for teachers) and Project Ember camps (for kids) running simultaneously, educators will have an unique opportunity to learn about engaging project based learning opportunities with a live example.
During the overlapping sessions, teachers participating in RAFT’s EduCAMP workshops will be invited to observe and engage with students in Project Ember camps. Participants learn to empower students to become makers of their own designs and to solve unique problems through large-scale projects with power tools! They’ll cover: how to teach kids to use tools safely; how to choose projects; when to let students take charge; and much more!
What is Project Ember? Project Ember is a summer camp that enables kids (ages 7-13) to design and build concrete solutions to abstract problems through large-scale art and engineering projects. Campers are given a challenge and limited only by their imaginations and the materials at hand. Project Ember teaches kids to safely use power tools for their design creations.
Sign up kids for Project Ember Summer Day Camp at RAFT:
· All RAFT members get 10% off using the (caps sensitive) code raftmEMBER
· Ages 7-13
· July 18th – 22nd and July 25-29th.
Hope to see s’more of ya at camp !!!