- 1994 - Resource Area For Teaching (RAFT) is registered as a non-profit.
RAFT registers as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. RAFT was formed!
- 1995 - RAFT opens doors to Educators.
In March, RAFT opens its doors to teachers with Idea Sheets, materials and other resources. RAFT welcomes 100 members on its first day and is 1,000 members strong by December. Armed with 40-50 Idea Sheets, RAFT also introduces Activity Kits made from repurposed and recycled materials.
- 1996 - RAFT holds first workshop for Educators.
RAFT presents its first workshop for educators in the rented Sunnyvale facility. Today RAFT Bay Area locations conduct more than 10 workshops a month.
- 1997 - RAFT moves location to accommodate more hands-on resources.
Due to construction in the area, RAFT moves to a nearby warehouse (24,000 square feet). This move expands RAFT’s space to hold more resources as well as makes the Board think of purchasing a permanent home.
- 1998 - RAFT Board approves campaign to buy a permanent home.
RAFT merges with "Resource Connections" (another nonprofit) and begins to accept and refurbish computer equipment. The Board approves a $5 million Capital Campaign to raise funds to purchase a permanent home.